Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Microworkers - Great Concept, Needs Better Moderation



Microworkers is a great concept! The idea is that you complete tasks that are worth anywhere from a penny to sometimes a couple of dollars. The tasks are usually short, and your account is credited when the member who posted (and paid for) the task approves it. Cashout is by PayPal, Moneybookers or check, and the minimum is only $9.

As soon as you join you get $2 for free, which can only be used to start a campaign of your own (to get people to do something for you). I thought this was going to be great, and actually made $1.15 yesterday.

But... there are a number of inconsistencies, and what I consider garbage offers. Each campaign must be approved before it goes live. In the guidelines it says you cannot pay people to click ads on your site (this IS a violation of the rules of places like AdSense), yet there is a suggested price for such a request and there are assignments which ask for that.

There are a lot of requests to sign up for various sleazy offers underneath people that are just going to fill your e-mail with spam... who needs that for a few pennies. The estimated time to complete many of the offers is also too low. If one actually wants to read terms and decide if what you are asked to sign up for it will take more than 5 minutes.

My first campaign was just turned down. I asked people to Stumble a post on one of my blogs for a nickel. They said that was too little. Yet, there is an approved offer to write a review of a blog for only a dime. I have to say that I don't think someone is paying attention.

At this point I would recommend it with reservations. Choose the offers you are willing to complete carefully.

Microworkers

0 comments: