Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Getting Started with Paying Post


PayingPost bannerI first learned about PayingPost by writing a review of the company for another site. It looked quite promising to me personally. So I have signed up, and this blog has been approved to be a member.

Essentially, PayingPost is a broker between bloggers and companies who wish to advertise products. I will write a separate post about internet advertising, but for now, let's assume that it is a wonderful and underutilized market. Advertisers want to know that they are getting quality reviews, and writers want to know that they will be paid. PayingPost is the middleman that makes it work.

Registration is free for both bloggers and advertisers. Blogs must be approved to participate, which can take a few days. This blog was approved when it had been live for only a week, so there is no minimum post requirement. I would think that there is a quality of writing issue. When a successful advertisement is posted PayingPost will charge a commission.

Advertisers may present bloggers with a press release about a product which a blog may choose to display. The other choice is for images and some text to be given to a blogger and the blogger writes about the product. In both cases the blog provides backlinks to the company. Articles must be approved by PayingPost before they are posted on the blog.

Make no mistake, this is advertising. When I accept future assignments from PayingPost, I will be telling you mostly what the company wants you to hear. However, I can choose which products I am willing to promote. Most assignments are worth $10 or more.

I have added an image link to the right column of this blog. This is another opportunity provided by PayingPost. Anyone can hire me directly to write about something for a minimum of $5.

As I get future assignments I'll let you know how well this works.

web ad income today (4 blogs, 2 web sites):
Adsense $.01
Adgitize $.19
Project Wonderful $.05
______________________
Total: $.25
Total earned in March $5.13

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with that. I would be interested to see if it pays off in the end.

peace,
mike
livelife365

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Mike- I'll be posting updates regularly on how it goes. Thank you.