Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cashium and PalmBux Both Belly Up


Two PTC sites that I was using have gone away. Cashium is probably no surprise. I was, however, mildly surprised at PalmBux's demise.

Cashium has had problems off and on for a long time. A new owner managed to pull it back from the brink of disappearing. But, just as I cashed out $2, the site stopped loading, and has never reappeared. Needless to say, I did not get my money.

PalmBux had been stable. They had a core of advertisers so that you could be sure of a few clicks every day. I had some referrals, and had been paid twice by them. However, about a month ago, I noticed that the daily clicks for standard members were dropping from 5 or 6 to 2 or 3. This probably was not enough regular advertisers to support the site. They also disappeared without any warning. I've waited to write about it, thinking that it might reappear with new owners or a new model, but it seems to be really gone.

Total money lost between the two sites? I had over $4 in my PalmBux account, so my total loss was $6. Of course, this isn't life or death, but I do resent how much time I spent to build up those amounts only to lose them.

Moral- don't rely heavily on PTC sites for income. That opportunity can go belly up faster than a dimestore goldfish.

0 comments: