Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Paid by Microworkers



I actually got paid $10.69 from Microworkers today. It took forever, but I actually got the money.

I had previously decided that I would cash out at $10 and not continue to use the service. My reasons are detailed in other posts (see links). So I requested a payout. A notice came up that I would receive a PIN that I should enter to validate the claim. So I waited.

I waited some more, and went back in to look at what might be wrong. Well, the PIN comes by surface mail. So I finally emailed them to ask when I might receive it. The egg was on my face. I hadn't entered a street address. I guess you can sign up without doing that. So I entered my address and waited.

A few days ago I got the PIN in the mail, with no return address either on the envelope or the letter. But the stamp was issued by Slovenia. This does not inspire great confidence. But I entered it and waited.

Today, I actually got my money. Horray! But it took since January 19. That is 53 days to process.

Update on Microworkers

0 comments: