Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Trying Out Chitika, Cutting Back on Project Wonderful

Today I signed up for Chitika to replace Project Wonderful on my web site Get Off The Couch. Chitika serves targeted ads to a blog or web site, but only to those who come to that site through a search engine.

This may sound odd, but what this means is that regular site visitors will not be assaulted with as many ads. But those who search for something specific will be shown ads that match well with their search term. You are paid only for clicks on the ads.

Chitika IS compatible with Google AdSense. Both may be used on the same page. I signed up today, and despite a "warning" that it can take up to two days to be approved, I received my approval in just a few hours.

I figure that I can't do worse than I was with Project Wonderful on that web site, since I never made anything there with them. Even worse, for some reason the Project Wonderful visit counter would not register most of the traffic there, and disabled my ads on that site twice. I discussed this with the PW managers, and they assured me that with a couple of tweaks that my ads wouldn't be disabled again. But just this week they were. My Google Analytics tells me that the site is getting plenty of traffic, so the whole thing is a mystery.

Chitika is my potential solution. It will take me a while to get the code on all the pages of Get Off The Couch, but I've put in on some of them today. It takes three days for statistics to begin to show up. I'll report again when I begin to see some results.

Chitika

web ad income Sept 12 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.15
Adgitize $.59
Project Wonderful $.04
Shareapic $.01
______________________
Total: $.79

0 comments: