Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Statcounter for Free Counters and Site Stats



I have been using Statcounter for over four years for both showing counters on web pages, and tracking statistics. The counters have never dumped their data, which is more than I can say for some counter programs.

It offers a number of ways to track statistics. I only use a few of them. For a quick view of what is going on, each page with a counter will show on the summary page with views for today, yesterday and all time.

But you can also choose to see much more detailed stats. You can get a graph of pageviews, and unique pageviews for any date range. You can see a map of where visitors came from, the pages they came from, keyword analysis, browsers, visit lengths, and many more.

In short, although I haven't compared item for item, you can get just about the same information as Google Analytics, without the slowness of all the scripts.

The major drawback is that with a free account your logfile only contains the most recent 500 entries. This means that you don't get to see all historical data. I use both Statcounter and Google Analytics. For quick looks at what is going on I use Statcounter. If I feel that I need to see all the data for the entire history of a site, I go to Google.

Statcounter

web ad income July 22 (4 blogs, 2 web sites):
Adsense $.01
Adgitize $.57
Project Wonderful $.05
Shareapic $.01
Clixsense $.01
______________________
Total: $.65

0 comments: