Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Win in June from John is Fit


John at "John is Fit" is holding a great contest during the month of June. Visit his June Weight Loss Blog Contest to see all the details.

There are seven prize levels and the top three spots are for cold hard cash! First place winner will get $250. That's a chuck of change these days. 2nd place = $75, 3rd place = $25. 4th and 5th places get books about staying fit, and 6th and 7th get a set of exercise cards. The cash prizes will be paid through PayPal.

The winners will be selected at random, and he promises to video the drawing to demonstrate the impartiality. The contest runs through June 30. Hop on over to June Weight Loss Blog Contest to see how to enter.

John also writes product reviews on equipment or products he has used in his extended quest to improve his fitness. I've wondered for a long time if pedometers are accurate or worth the money. He has reviewed several, and gives the highest rating to the Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer. I guess they've come a long way from the one I got by sending in box tops and 50 cents to cover shipping. Of course you'll need more than a few box tops to buy this digital beauty that speaks to your computer. A couple of years ago McDonalds was giving away pedometers with their dinner salads. I really hate the Mc-ing of America, but I bought a salad just to get the adult happy-toy. It actually worked pretty well for a while.

Truth is, I just do my daily dog walk and my hiking and I seem to walk enough. I like to walk!

0 comments: