Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tip for Cleaning Stainless Steel


I've been using baking soda for years to clean my stainless steel toaster and canisters, but I've learned a new trick that makes it work even better.

To clean a stainless steel sink, sprinkle baking powder on the sink surfaces, then pour or spray vinegar over it. Cleans that sink up great! Even took the brown stains off the strainer basket!

The difference doesn't show as much in the pictures as the reality, nevertheless, from top to bottom: the dingy sink, sprinkled with baking soda, bubbling with vinegar sprinkled on that, and finally, after easily rubbing down with a dish cloth. I applied a little "elbow grease" on the worst spots, but it was really very easy.

dingy stainless steel sink

stainless steel sink sprinkled with baking soda

stainless steel sink sprinkled with baking soda and vinegar

clean stainless steel sink

2 comments:

Ninah said...

Yup. My mom keeps on telling me that baking soda and vinegar are the top cleansers around. I've never really tried them though. I'm afraid that the vinegar smell will stick

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Nah, the odor dissipates very quickly. Try it!