Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Free Rice and Word Fun!

Help end world hunger Here's a great way to have some word fun, stretch your brain and help feed someone- all for FREE!

Free Rice shows you a word and you try to match the definition from four choices, in English. The game quickly adapts to the level of your vocabulary skills. If you get one wrong the correct answer is shown. If you keep playing after you get a few wrong those words will appear again soon giving you the chance to reinforce their correct meaning.

For every answer you get correct 10 grains of rice will be donated to help fight world hunger. I know this doesn't sound like much, but the grains multiply quickly. I just played this morning, for only a few minutes, and made it to 160 grains. I just weighed that many grains and it was 0.2 of an ounce, enough to register on my kitchen scale. Think about hundreds of people doing that every day! In fact, as of today, they say that over 65 billion grains have been donated. A simple calculation puts that at over 5 million pounds donated!

And there are other categories of learning. You can also try English Grammmar. You can try learning French, German, Italian or Spanish. Like Art? Try identifying famous paintings! Other subjects are Pre-algebra math, and the multiplication tables- let your kids brush up on their math skills and help feed children around the globe! In Geography you can identify countries on a map, or be quizzed on world capitals. There is also a quiz on the symbols for chemical elements.

I'm adding a permanent link to this great resource in the sidebar of this blog. FreeRice.com

I'll post the May income totals soon

0 comments: