Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Entrecard Answers Question about Cost of Approval Views


Since Entrecard has begun the paid ads being placed in the widget rotation 50% of the time two important questions have been answered in the forum.

The specific question, that many have been asking, was posted "If I'm an advertiser, am I paying for the clicks associated when an blog owner clicks my ad PRIOR to approving it? You know, clicking the ad to check out the site, PRIOR to the ad being actually approved by the blog owner. Assuming I've chosen to to pay by the click in my campaign vs the impression."

The answer: "Posted by Entrecard: nope, you don't pay for that. you only pay for impressions/clicks as served through the widget, and never the dashboard."

And the other question concerns the accuracy of paid ad views vs EC purchased ad views. In the flow chart EC provided, they referred to the decision about whether to show a paid or EC ad as a "coin flip." This terminology was perhaps unfortunate, because that is a 50-50 probability curve, not a promise.

In the forums this was also posted on April 6. "Entrecard: No, it is not a "coin flip" in the precise sense of the term... it is guaranteed 50%"

Just hoping this clears up two small pieces of the confusion.

web ad income today (4 blogs, 2 web sites):
Adsense $.01
Adgitize $.88
Project Wonderful $.04
______________________
Total: $.93
Total to Date in April $-2.00
Total in March $4.88

6 comments:

Hayley/Shu Fen said...

hm how come paid ads i did not approve appear on my entrecard widget?

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Sorry, can't answer that one. I'm nobody official... just noticed those two answers as posted.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to take all this new EC yet, personally...

... and as a side note, I really dig your updates on daily earnings at the end of your posts. Neat idea!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Thanks, Stephen. I'm in "wait and see" on EC myself. I'm trying to show what one might realistically expect to make given that one has some standards of sleaziness and a life outside the blog world!

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I really don't expect to make anything from EC personally. I'll still be using the place as a great community to find other blogs.

Sharkbytes said...

Yes, we'll have to see what they set for a rate and how much dropping really continues when the paid ad furor settles down.