Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Have I Learned Anything?

I've been at this tricky private / public tightrope walking called blogging for a couple of years now. I never believed for a minute that I would make $5000 a month as the tabloid ads promise. And, believe me, I haven't.

The sad truth is that I'm up to about 25 cents a day. Now, I'm pretty frugal, but even I can't live on that. Many of the money-making opportunities come from writing product reviews, participating in blog contests, and other kinds of activities that don't relate to the themes of any of my other blogs.

And I have learned a few things. I've learned about some of the ways that work to build traffic, and some that don't seem to work for me. So I'm going to start writing about it all. In order to join some of the traffic-building sites you have to have an established blog with a number of entries. I had better get started.

web ad income in March through today (4 blogs, 2 web sites):
Adsense $.35
Adgitize $2.03
Project Wonderful $.50
______________________
Total: $2.88

0 comments: