Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Adgitize to Close


Here's one of the saddest pieces of news I've gotten in quite a while: Adgitize is going to close at the first of the year.

Owner and founder, Ken Brown, says, "We have enjoyed working with all of you over the last 3 years and we hope that you have enjoyed our services. Adgitize tried to fill a niche market but the costs to run the business were more than the revenues generated."

This is really sad news. Entrecard is all but belly up with new blogs not being approved, and no response from the managers on any questions. CMF Ads folded earlier in the year.

This really leaves only Project Wonderful and AFTR, both of which I use, but neither one appeals to me very much. Adgitize has been more than an advertising means, it has been something of a family. The forum has been a lot of fun, and I've made several blogging friends there, or strengthened relationships.

Ken has always acted responsibly and treated his users with respect. For some reason, advertiser numbers have continued to decline to the point where the project cannot sustain its needs.

Adgitize will be missed.

Read the full news at Adgitize to Close

4 comments:

Joy said...

I just read the news too. Very surprising. I do appreciate that Ken is communicating to us before everything just disappears, though.

I have to wonder what I should use to fill the hole, if anything? I wonder if maybe we will be seeing a new service spring up in its wake... time will tell. I didn't hear about CMF closing, either - but Entrecard certainly is in bad shape.

John said...

Well it's a shame to hear it's closing although personally I wasn't a big fan.

Mike Golch said...

is sad to see them go.I do hope that every one remembers to pull the widget/link from their blogs,that way the blogs cannot get hijacked.

Anonymous said...

Bad news :(