Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Losing Money and Wasting Time at Neobux- The Fine Print


Well, I just learned a really nasty lesson about Neobux, the pay to click site that everyone says is so good. I had actually racked up $5.60 in my account. Then I went hiking.

With the priority of getting the NCT miles finished (see My Quality Day) I did not log in to Neobux for more than 30 days. My account was temporarily suspended per terms of service 8.4: "After 30 days of inactivity, your account will be temporarily suspended and permanently suspended after 60 days of inactivity. An inactive user for 72 hours after registration will have the account permanently suspended."

So I asked to have my account reinstated. When they did so, I saw that my account had dropped to zero! I inquired about this and was referred to point 8.2:"All suspended accounts will have all their balances reset, all referrals taken away and no refunds will be given."

So much for Neobux, as far as I'm concerned. Thirty days is much too short a time period to set for reducing a user back to beginner status. A move, illness, family issue, or other important activity can easily keep a person off the internet for 30 days.

Caveat emptor!

1 comments:

John | Daily Photo said...

That's appalling, but no less than I'd expect from a PTC site.