Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Google AdSense for Search




Today I added the Google Adsearch box to this site. I think that its biggest advantage is that it allows me to link all of the web sites and blogs that are under the umbrella of my "enterprises" through an engine that searches all those sites, and only those sites. I think this is the obvious and primary benefit.

For example: Most of my sites have to do with hiking and the outdoors, let's say that you recalled an article I wrote about hiking at Bowman Lake, Michigan, but couldn't remember which blog you saw it on. You can use the Google AdSense for Search box that I have added in the right column, enter Bowman Lake, and you will be given a list of all the places on my sites where Bowman Lake is found. You would learn by doing this that not only have I written about hikes there, that another of my sites provides a free map and guide to the trails there.

You earn money only if someone actually clicks on one of the ads served with the search results.

Set-up is easy, although you have to do some guessing as to the size of various elements that you want. My search box is working properly, but I will do some tweaking over the next few days to make it look better. One particular note- you can supply a custom logo, but it doesn't tell you what size. Anything entered will be resized to 189x50, so I'll need to redo that.

If you already have an AdSense account simply click on AdSense for Search on your Reports Overview page. It will walk you thorough about 4 pages of setup. You can include entire domains, or limit the search to sub-domains, or even particular pages.

Since I have about 7 web sites with related information, I am very glad to have found this option. I'll be adding the code to all of these sites. At the very least it should increase the cross traffic.

Google AdSense

web ad income Nov 29 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.05
Adgitize $.85
Project Wonderful $.04
Chitika $.07
Clixsense $.05
Neobux $.06
______________________
Total: $1.12

0 comments: