Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Signed Up with You Cubez

I signed up with You-Cubez today. The site is a place to create a backlink to your web site or blog. The more your cube is worth, the higher it will be placed, and thus the more likely to be clicked. You can also earn cash. It is interesting, and even fun, but I am very disappointed in the quality of links on the site.

This is a British based site, so all the money values are in £s which are worth about $2, so you can estimate the US value by multiplying dollars by 2, or halving the pounds.



This is what their home page looks like, with the mouse rolled over one cube. You buy a cube for 1£, choose your colors and start working your way up. Actually you can join and then earn enough money to buy your cube. So if you are patient, you don't have to put and cash into the system.

Be careful! There are two kinds of cash. There is cash you can actually cash out and there is cash that goes toward the value of your cube. You earn towards these accounts by clicking regular cubes, and cash cubes. You can earn by playing games, or signing up for offers, and other means. I don't understand it all yet!



You earn actual cash by clicking Cash Cubes. The number you can click is limited by the level of your membership.

You-Cubez' unique twist is that you can build up the value of your cube and then sell it to someone else for an actual profit.

Pros of You-Cubez that I see immediately:
You can see what web site you are going to click on rather than being served random sites as in a traffic generator.
You can start without putting any cash into the system
If you buy a cube the link will last for a year even if you do nothing
Low payout- just 6£ for standard members
There are ways to win a cube- it can be a fun site.

Cons of You-Cubez that I see immediately:
Almost all of the site links are money-making junk. I thought it would be a place to promote a real content site. There are a few- about 4 per page of 100 cubes shown, but you have to hunt for them.
It could be a real time waster. You can earn 1£ for playing 40 games. I played 4 just now, so I haven't earned anything yet since they only show increments of whole pounds, but you don't have to play all 40 at once. The number is recorded, and I assume will convert to value when I reach 40 total. It also takes time if you want to hunt for content sites.

I received a nickel at Neobux for signing up, so I decided to try it out. As always, I'll keep you posted.

See You-Cubez

web ad income Nov 27 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.03
Adgitize $.87
Project Wonderful $.01
Clixsense $.04
Neobux $.05
______________________
Total: $1.00

0 comments: