Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Friday, November 6, 2009

LinkShowOff - Worth It?

LinkshowoffI signed up at LinkShowOff. It's really straightforward, but unless you get quite a few advertisers in a given month the fee is pretty steep. On the other hand, you will receive $7 for doing almost nothing. Signup is free.

You can set the price for buying of a link on your web site at $1 or higher, and the number of available slots at 5, 10, 15 or 20. If you are an advertiser, you can buy one of these links on any web site that you think is worth the price. All are no-follow links. Links remain on the site until they are replaced by others. For example, if there are 5 slots available and they are full, and you buy a slot, the oldest existing link will be bumped off.

Advertisers can auto approve links, or choose to manually decide which ones to accept.

Payment is monthly whenever a $10 minimum payout is reached. LinkShowOff makes their income by charging a $3 transaction fee on any payout. So if you have $10 in your account you will receive payment, but it will only be for $7. However, if you made $100, you will receive $97.

There is a referral system which earns you $3 when someone who signs up under you earns their first $3.

The site has a navigation flaw. Once you log in it takes you to your personal account page, but if you leave there, you can't get back unless you use the browser back button or log out and back in.

Once again, there isn't a category that is remotely related to my outdoor-themed blogs. So I have put the widget on this blog, but I'm not sure I'll use it other places.

Having the widget sitting there with no links in it looks pretty bad. I think it might be good to have prearranged with someone you know to buy reciprocal links right away rather than have an empty widget. Anyone want to buy one?

LinkShowOff

web ad income Nov 4 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.03
Adgitize $.58
Project Wonderful $.04
Clixsense $.10
Chitika $.11
Neobux $.04
______________________
Total: $.90

2 comments:

cornyman said...

And additionally they deduct the Paypal-fee which means for my links on my Money-Blog i would have had now the 10 $ but as they deduct for each 2$ the Paypal-Fee (30 cents + 3,9%) i have just 8,10 $ in my account, so i have to wait until advertiser # 7 will appear to get a payout with additionally 3$ deducted.

But as you said, just make two or three settings in the account, copy the code on your blog and wait... Money for doing nearly nothing!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Cornyman- I wondered about that, so, like many sites, there is a long wait to get any money. Yet... it is quite painless. I'll see how soon I get a nibble at a link.