Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shopping for Swagbucks Rewards

I've been a member of Swagbucks for about a year, and have accumulated 462 points, all without having anyone sign up under me or winning any big point awards. So I decided to cash some of them out about a month ago.

Difficulties arose immediately. There was a Visa Debit card offer that was "on sale." I don't remember the points-to-cash ratio for it now, but it was a good deal, so I tried to "Snag It." That's their button that means that you want that item. Nothing doing. I got a message saying that my account was not verified. Now, I'm pretty sure that I had done this long ago when I joined. I try to take care of all those things when I sign up at sites right away, because it's too easy to forget later.

So I clicked the link to resend the verification email. The tricky part was that it also said that it could take up to 48 hours for the verification to arrive. No email. I checked my filter, I watched for the verification. Nothing. Meanwhile, the debit card that I wanted was removed from the list of prizes.

So, today I again looked for an award to cash out. There is currently a sale on PayPal cash- $5 for 70. But, it still said that I hadn't verified my account. Nuts! I clicked the re-send button again, and then it wouldn't even let me click it again. I was beginning to wonder if it was all a scam, except that I know someone who had successfully cashed out an award.

So I hunted for their "Contact Me" page and fired off a message. Again I was warned that it could take up to 48 hours to process. I am pleased to report that about 6 hours later I received a message saying that my account had been manually verified. Horray!

So I ordered one PayPal payment. In order to complete a transaction it must also be verified. I am relieved to report that this email came through immediately, and I completed the order. The next time lag is that it can take 12-15 days for the payment to appear in my account. So, don't expect to cash in Swagbucks for any immediate need.

Finally, I thought I would see if I could "buy" additional $5 PayPal payments. The answer is, yes. However, you can only check out two awards a day. I don't know if that's a calendar day or a 24-hour period. I hope I can cash out some more of my points for cash! I'll report back when I know how long it actually takes to credit my PayPal account.

Swagbucks
See Get Swagbucks - Lotsa Swag

web ad income Oct 26 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.03
Adgitize $.58
Project Wonderful $.03
_____________________
Total: $.64

0 comments: