Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Is Your Friend Stranded in London?


I received an email from a friend the other day, saying that he was stranded in London, had all his documents and wallet stolen, and needed money. Right away I was quite sure that it was a hoax, because the writer does not sound like someone whose first language is English, yet this came through with the correct email from that person. That's a bit scary!

I emailed a couple of his friends who live near him and asked them to let him know about this situation.

Since then, I've found out a bit more about this newest hoax. Apparently this can come from someone hacking into Facebook accounts. However, the friend I received this from is not on Facebook, so there are apparently other sources.

There is a news item about this scam in the Orlando Sentinel (see link below). A friend of the writer's actually sent some money! It's not new advice. BE SAVVY about your emails.

Facebook 419 Scam, from the Orlando Sentinel

web ad income Sept 9 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.03
Adgitize $.54
Project Wonderful $.02
Shareapic $.01
Microworkers $.14
Pine Cone Research $3.00
Associated Content $2.58
______________________

Total: $6.32

0 comments: