Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Honest" Traffic


It is always a difficult question- "how to generate traffic to a web site?" In my personal opinion, traffic that comes from searches, direct interest in a person's blog, and voluntary clicks on links or ads are of a higher value than those from traffic exchanges. They just seem more "honest."

On the other hand, you can't get people to come back to your site if they've never seen what you have to offer in the first place. I've used plenty of traffic exchange sites as I have tried to build my blogs' reputations.

However, I am now very happy to say that I seem to be generating almost the same level of visits without using the traffic exchanges that I was before I went hiking. I believe that some of this comes from the increased number of advertisers in the Adgitize network.

However, it can't all be attributed to that, since I only have an ad for My Quality Day with them, and not my other blogs. Most of my traffic on MQD comes from Adgitize. Most of the traffic on Get Off The Couch News comes from Google searches, and visitors on North Country Trail News come equally from searches and direct traffic. I just added this blog to Google Analytics, so that I can track it too.

At any rate, I am very happy to be getting more of what I call "honest" traffic. I'll keep trying to provide quality content. Now if I could just get an Affiliate Advertiser to accept the blogs!

web ad income Sept 7 (4 blogs, 2 web sites, writing):
Adsense $.34
Adgitize $.49
Project Wonderful $.05
Shareapic $.02
Shared Reviews $31.57
______________________
Total: $32.47

0 comments: