Cash is Good!

I have taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to post here as I am able.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Trying Out Clix Sense


Yesterday I joined one of the sites where you are paid to click on advertisements. It's an interesting concept... companies pay people to look at their ads.

It seems too good to be true, but I decided to give one of the sites a try and see how it goes. I initially joined ClixSense for free. However, I found that I could only earn 28 cents unless I upgraded to a Pro account. If I did that, there would be over 500 clicks available to me. Each click is worth a penny. Of course they say that there are some that are worth more, but the best I've seen yet is one that was worth 2 cents.

Well, a Pro upgrade was only $10 for a year. I could potentially make half of that back just in the offers available right now. So, I did it. I was able to pay by credit card through Google checkout.

Each site opened must be viewed for 30 seconds. Pages open in a frame with a countdown timer.

Payout is by paper check only. Minimum payout is $10, but there is a $3 check processing fee. If you look carefully, you can find how to reset the payout amount higher so that that $3 fee doesn't hurt so much! If you don't reset it and your balance goes over $10 you will automatically be paid on the 10th of the month.

So far, I've clicked on 342 links, for $3.43 in my account. I don't know how often the links refresh. I'm down to being told that there are 154 available to click. There are many repeats of the same links, so one person is shown the same page some multiple number of times.

Of course, there are perks for having people sign up underneath you, so if it appeals to you, why not click my link? It's a really easy way to make a few dollars. Actually, one of the links ultimately led me to the alumni page of my high school. That was quite a shock!

ClixSense

0 comments: